Office 365 Configuration
Enabling archiving with Office 365 journaling is completed by following these steps:
- Office365 Connector
- Office365 Non-Delivery mailbox
- Office365 Journaling Rule
- Confirming mail flow
Step 1: Office365 Connector
Creating a Connector
Use the Exchange ECP to create a “Send Connector”. This tells the Exchange where to deliver the
- Create a connector: Select Connectors within Exchange Admin Centre and Press +. This brings up the New Connector window.
- Select the mail flow.
From: Office 365
To: Partner Organization
- Name the Connector: any name can be chosen – we suggest EntrustedMail Archive
- Select Only when email messages are sent to these domains and Press +.
- Select Route Email through these smart hosts, then press +.
- Now add the hostname for the Smart Host – a host that knows what to do with mail sent to it. We are using filink-com.route1a.emmta.net as an example. Please use the hostname provided in the introduction email.
- Enable TLS and select Issued by a trusted certificate authority (CA)
- At the Confirm your settings page, click the Next button.
- Click the + sign and enter firstname.lastname@example.org, then click Validate. This will ensure connectivity between Office365 and the EntrustedMail gateway.
- You will see Succeeded for both entries. Click on Save when done.
Step 2: Office365 Non-Delivery mailbox
You must select a mailbox to receive non-delivery reports.
Go to ECP > Compliance Management > Journal Rules
PLEASE NOTE: The mailbox will be an Office365 account and we would recommend a separate account for this. Emails to and from this email address will not be journaled. We therefore recommend it is not a user’s email address.
Step 3: Office365 Journaling Rule
This is where you tell Office365 to make a copy of all mail that is currently flowing through.
To create a New Journal rule that journals all mail for all users to the default email address, then the simple method is shown here.
Send journal reports to: TAG@compliancearchive.entrustedmail.net
Name: EntrustedMail Archive
Apply to All messages: Apply to All messages
Journal the following messages: All messages
Note: The email address to send journal reports to will be provided in the introduction email.
Please note it can take up to 15 minutes for the rule to become active once saved.